Chocolate Cookies With Creamy Peanut Butter Filling
photo by PumpKIM
- Ready In:
- In medium bowl stir together Flour, cocoa powder and baking soda; set aside.
- Mix butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 Cup of the peanut butter; beat this with mixer until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Shape this dough into 32 balls.
- For filling combine powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 Cup peanut butter with a mixer until its smooth; you might have to knead it a couple of times if it crumbles.
- Shape this dough into 32 balls (these will be smaller).
- Flatten each chocolate dough ball.
- Top with peanut butter dough ball.
- Shape chocolate ball around peanut butter ball and roll it all into one big ball.
- flatten with bottom of glass.
- Drop the flattened cookie into granulated sugar to coat just the one side.
- Bake in preheated 350 for 8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed the recipe to a t. This cookie dough was basically like working with breadcrumbs, same for the filling. You spend hours making little crumble balls and filling balls to finnaly taste your hard work, and Bland. I have never been so angry at a cookie in my life. Thank you for a wasted evening, wasted ingredients, and 32 terrible cookies.
I agree with Jezski; these were not only easy but fun to make. I halved the cookie recipe and kept the filling recipe the way it was because of the previous review, but had way too much filling that way. Ah well. Mom said they were very sweet, but that didn't stop her from eating almost the whole (half) batch in two days! I will try these again, maybe with a tad less sugar, or more cocoa, or something. Thanks!
I thought these would be a mess, but they were surprisingly easy to make. Not that much fiddling around. I got 40 cookies with my cookie scoop heaped, kinda cupped each in my hand and molded it around the filling. Since I didn't have filling for the last 8, I mixed in some white chocolate chips for them. Will need to make a tad more pb filling next time. I'm sure the grandkids (and DSIL) will look for these cookies again. They are worth the trouble, especially because the pb is a surprise. They could be prettier but they are darn good. Heather, thanks for sharing. Janet