Chocolate Chip Torte
photo by kzbhansen
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan, bring first three ingredients to a second boil.
- Remove from heat, stir well, cover& refrigerate until chilled (or overnight).
- Cream together next six ingredients.
- Blend in the cold date mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 cake pan.
- Top with chocolate chips& nuts, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This moist and chocolatey cake went fast! Who would have thought it had dates in it??? Nobody at my house! Great way to disguise them. It was very easy to put together...just make sure you plan ahead and fix the dates before you need them...someone didn't read the directions very well so we had this for dessert with our lunch today instead of our dinner last night. Uh, yep, that would be me. Oh well...it's still good!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Can't believe I've been a member here for 18 years! It's changed a lot since the old RecipeZaar days and maybe or maybe not for the better. It used to be a community and now it's just a tool. Sad, but life goes on. I have been in Kentucky for 12 years now and enjoy the country lifestyle, along with master gardening. Recipes I've found here since Day One are still in my rotation. Don't entertain that much anymore, so finding new and exciting foods is no longer center stage. Just glad to have so many good recipes to fall back on because eating out is expensive and sometimes too far to drive.