Chocolate Chip Angel Bars
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (I usually leave them out. They interupt the softness of the bar.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fareinheight. Grease an 8 by 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- In a seperate large bowl, use a mixer to blend the sugar and butter. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Then, add the flour mixture, chocolate chips, and pecans if you decide to use them. Blend at a low speed until just mixed.
- Transfer the dough into the cooking pan and level it out. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, but the center is still soft.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made these as a nice chane from the cookies I sometime make as well as from the bars we often have ~ I actually made two batches of these bars, one with the nuts & one without, & although I liked the nutless ones better, my guests devoured ALL of them, so . . . ! Will be keeping this recipe around, as these are worth including on my finger food counter! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a teenager who absolutely loves cooking and baking. As a true chocoholic, I love to bake any kind of chocolate dessert imaginable. You hand me a fluffy, warm chocolate recipe and I'll be absolutely sure to try it. Therefore, it'd only be right for me to fill you all in on the ABSOLUTE best chocolate desserts. Many recipes to come... <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">