Chocolate Carrot Cookies
photo by milliwuu
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (112g or 8tbsp)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (160g, or vegetable oil)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (140g)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded (200g)
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour (300g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (or marmalade)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (70g)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (60g)
- 32 whole almonds, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Melt Chocolate and butter.
- Next, add sugar to cool down the chocolate and butter mixture, then mix in the egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Drop on cookie sheets apply decoration and bake for 12 minutes or until a little bit browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!