Chocolate Carrot Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice and set pineapple aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil, eggs, reserved pineapple juice and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Blend ingredients on low speed and beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in carrots and reserved pineapple. Pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Can frost with cream cheese frosting, but it is good as it is.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mother of two boys and a spoiled little dog. I love to entertain and to have friends and family over for dinner. Anne Lindsay is my favorite cookbook author, we have similar tastes and there are very few of her recipes that I have tried and have not enjoyed. I love going through this site and picking out new recipes to try out on my family. Most experiences have been great and we have added some new favourites to our rotation. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">