Chocolate Banana Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 ripe bananas
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package plain chocolate cake mix (no pudding)
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Peel bananas and place in large mixing bowl. Mash completely.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping sides down again if necessary.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 38 to 40 minutes, or until tests done.
- Remove pan from oven and let sit for 20 minutes. Run sharp knife around edge of cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Chandler, Arizona, which is near Phoenix. I have been a registered nurse for almost 25 years. Currently I am a clinical supervisor at a health care clinic. I love to cook rich foods with complex flavors, whether they be main dishes or desserts. I have also been eating low carb for about 5 years, so I am pretty good at modifying recipes to match my lifestyle.