Chive Butter for Grilled Corn
More than just oridinary corn-on-the-cob.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 ears sweet corn
- Combine all ingredients; except salt, pepper and corn.
- Shuck the corn and rinse it. Cover each ear with butter mixture; salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap in foil (making sure to not rip it and make sure you crimp the ends).
- Grill, covered, for 20 minutes, turning every 5 over medium hot coals.
- Note: I use charcoal and I don't place them over the center but more around the edge of the charcoal line.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If it was aroma alone, it would be a 10*, when I removed the foil, my taste buds went into overdrive, smelled oh so sweet and lemoney. But upon eating could not detect any of the extras added to it, I did add salt to it after it was done cooking since I used salted butter and was concerned it would be overally salty, we did add extra lemon juice upon serving. Next time will add more lemon juice before grilling. Thank You Marg!Reply