Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
Delicious baked sweet potatoes with a kick, inspired by the one and only Bobby Flay. I have made these for dinenr and everybody LOVED them.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pureed chipotle chile
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch slices
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and chipotle puree until well combined.
- Season the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Layer the sweet potatoes in a 6x8–inch baking pan. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons of the chipotle-cream mixture. Repeat with the remaining sweet potatoes and cream mixture to form 3 to 4 layers. Cover with foil paper and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I did make a couple of slight changes when preparing these scalloped potatoes ~ I left the peel on the potatoes, & I cut the chipotle chile down to 2 teaspoons! And, we loved these potatoes! Thanks for a great recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Wow! What a delicious way to make sweet potatoes! Loved the spiciness against the creamy taste of the cream. I really loved the ones on top.....they seemed to be spicier....I guess because they weren't as immersed in the cream. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing your recipe....made for PAC 2011.