Chipotle-Glazed Beef Short Ribs
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 lbs beef short ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 chipotle peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oregano, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the beef ribs and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate from 8 to 24 hours.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan.
- Cover and roast in a 350 degree F oven until the meat is tender enough to fall off the bone, 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Skim the fat from the pan juices, reserving 1 tablespoon fat for the sauce.
- Set the pan juices aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the reserved beef fat (or vegetable oil) over medium-high heat and saute the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the pan juices, chipotle peppers, brown sugar, lime juice, adobo sauce, tomato paste and salt.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place the ribs on a greased barbecue grill over medium-high heat.
- Close the lid and cook, turning and basting often with the sauce, until heated through and crisped outside, about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>