Chipotle Dry Rub
- Ready In:
- 2 dried chipotle peppers (use 3 for more heat)
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dry orange zest (easy and cheap to dry your own How to Dry Citrus Zest (Lemon/Orange/Lime/Grapefruit))
- Combine all ingredients in a spice mill or blender and grind until even and fine.
- Store in an airtight jar. Will store for about 6 months in the freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!