Chinese Roast Pork
This is a very easy dish to throw together, as once you have combined all the ingredients, it is just the marinating of the pork that takes the time. I tend to marinade mine in the morning before work but it can also be marinated overnight if preferred. I served ours with vegetable and egg fried rice but feel free to serve it with whatever you like. Prep Time does not include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 600 g piece pork fillets
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (50 g) packet roast, red pork seasoning mix
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, add pork, toss to coat, refrigerate several hours or over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Place pork in an oven proof dish, roast uncovered, for about 50 Min’s or until browned and cooked through. Brush pork several times with reserved marinade whilst cooking.
- Let pork stand for 5-10 Min’s before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Flavour plus here, the whole family loved this to bits. I used pork leg steaks (they were cooked in 4 minutes) because that is what I had handy and didn't want to go and buy a pork fillet. I also added 4 tablespoons of Chinese BBQ Sauce marinade to the red pork seasoning. A wonderful dinner thaankyou :-)1Reply