Chili With Ravioli
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was printed in our local newspaper today. Sounds like it would be a fast weeknight meal. I am posting it here for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans (pinto beans packed in chili sauce)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 25 ounces frozen cheese ravioli (or so)
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat vegetable oil in a wide deep skillet or dutch oven.
- Add onion, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 mins until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef and, using a large spoon or fork to break up, cook until the meat is browned.
- Add next 5 ingredients, rinsing out each can with a few tablespoons of water and adding the water to the pot.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Salt to taste.
- As the chili simmers, bring a large pot of water to boil and salt the water.
- When the water boils, add the frozen ravioli, and when the water returns to a boil, lower heat to simmer.
- Cook 4 or 5 mins until ravioli is cooked through.
- Place in serving bowls with chili over the top, sprinkled with grated cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION