A easy and delicious dish. I make it often. A friend of mine, with 4 boys, makes it once a week. I hope you like it! I have also made it from all shelf stable ingredients, except the cheese. Just use dehydrated onions and canned beef.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic powder.
- Drain oil and return to the skillet.
- Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni and stir.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, cover and simmer just until the cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Delicious! Made as directed... except I used about 3 cloves of fresh chopped garlic instead of powder, added a little extra chili powder & cumin cuz I had over 1 pound of meat. I omitted using the oil & just sprayed the pan with nonstick spray. I also didn't add the whole 8 oz of ronis cuz I didn't want it to absorb all the sauce for any leftovers. Topped with taco blend chedder mix & served with corn muffins & a green salad. Thank you for a simple, delicious meal to go to on a weeknight!