Chili Cheese Bread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese with chives and onions (from 8-oz. container)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies, drained (from 4.5-oz. can)
- 8 inches long loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (2 oz.)
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and chiles.
- Place bread halves, cut sides up, on broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Top with cream cheese mixture and shredded cheese.
- Broil additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each bread half into 4 pieces.
- 1 SERVING.
- Calories 115 (Calories from Fat Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 270mg; Total Carbohydrates 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 1g; Protein 5g.
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron.
- Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat.
- Quick Fix: For nacho-flavored cheese bread, add 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasonings mix (from a 1.25-ounce package) with the cream cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"