photo by briank
- Ready In:
- 1hr 1min
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 20 ounces fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans (or kidney beans)
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef stock (optional)
- hot pepper
- In a bowl mix the chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper. This will be your seasoning.
- Take ONE of the cans of beans (drain) and empty it into a blender and blend it until smooth. If it gets too thick to blend smooth just add a small amount of beef stock until it blends thick and smooth.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Then Drain.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic cloves, and 3 tablespoons of seasoning to the meat. Stir in ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring the meat frequently to slightly cook the spices into the meat.
- Now, in the crock pot add the cooked meat, chopped tomatoes, peppers, tomato sauce, 2nd can of kidney beans (drained), the blended can of kidney beans, and the rest of the seasoning.
- Stir Thoroughly.
- Add beef stock broth and stir into the crock pot until the chili has a thick soup consistency. (Or the thickness that you prefer.) If you like really thick chili you can probably skip this step all together. (DO NOT use water to thin the chili as this will just make the chili more bland.).
- Cook on LOW for 8-12 hours. Stir Occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!