Chickpea Chilli and Lime Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Taken from Convent Garden A Soup For Every Day Book
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 g fresh coriander, stalks and leaves separated and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and chopped finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 lime, zest and juice
- Heat oil in pan add the onion then cook gently for 5-10 minutes until soft without browning.
- Add coriander stalks, cumin, chilli and garlic then stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes cover then cook gently for 15 minutes until tomatoes have thickened.
- Add chickpeas and stock bring to boil cover and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Blend two thirds of the soup return to pan add lime zest lime juice and coriander leaves, season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION