Chicken Soup With Tomatoes and Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
great in the winter and great when feeling a little under the weather
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, cliced thinly
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (plain or flavored your choice)
- 3 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup white rice (i prefer jasmine rice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- salt and pepper
- in large pot heat oil. add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic. Saute 3-5 minutes.
- add tomatoes, broth, thyme and rice. bring to boil, reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- add chicken, simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- garnish with chopped parsely if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION