Chicken Salad With Mint and Feta
- Ready In:
3/4 cup servings
- 3 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup English cucumber, cubed
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- mint sprig, garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except mint sprigs in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with mint sprigs if desired.
Join The Conversation
This salad is delightful. It makes a perfect light supper served atop fresh greens. I was out of fresh oregano and had to use dried (which I re-hydrated in the olive oil while preparing the rest of the salad), otherwise followed to a "T". The fresh mint really made this salad in my opinion. I'm sure it would have been even better with fresh oregano as well. I will make this salad often this summer as I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for posting Engrossed.
Super springtime salad! Very filling served over a bed of lettuce - the three of us each had a huge plateful for dinner tonight. I was hoping for leftovers.... I guess I'll have to make it again! I loved the lemony dressing with the mint on this (plus I'm always looking for excuses to buy mint, so I can make mojito's with the leftovers!). I used 8 ounces of chicken, 1 each of the peppers & cucumber. Perfect. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.