Chicken Salad With Fruit and Toasted Pecans
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar, a book I recieved with the Cook Book Swap.For a luncheon or a buffet serve salad in "cups"of Boston lettuce leaves.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 crisp apple
- 1 firm but ripe pear
- lemon juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Orange-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Core and dice the apple and pear. Sprinkle the fruit with 1 or 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to keep it from discoloring. In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, apple, pear, grapes and chives.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Just before serving, add all of the dressing to the chicken salad and toss well to combine. Adjust seasonings, adding additional salt if necessary. Top with the toasted pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION