Chicken Pot Pie
photo by -Mary-
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- one onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked diced red potatoes
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and garlic powder
- pie crust, for double crust pie
- butter and oil for sauteing chicken
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and garlic powder, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil and butter, about 1 to 2 tbsp of each, in a skillet until hot, add chicken breast and saute until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and add the diced onion to the skillet and saute until translucent.
- Thaw frozen peas and carrots and drain. Heat in microwave just until warm.
- Combine cooked chicken, onion, peas and carrots, potatoes and soup. If desired you could also add chopped boiled egg, whole kernel corn, etc. Taste to check for seasoning, add more salt, pepper and poultry seasoning if needed.
- Line a casserole dish with one pie crust.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Top with remaining pie crust and crimp edges to seal.
- Bake in a moderate oven until crusts are golden brown and ingredients are heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!