Chicken Pasta Salad
photo by Mama_Jennie
- Ready In:
- 200 g pasta shells
- 425 g cooked chicken, chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine pasta with chicken, tomatoes, capsicum, onion, olives and basil in a large bowl.
- Make dressing - combine all ingredients in a screw top jar, shake to combine.
- Add dressing to chicken pasta and toss gently to combine all ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a refreshingly light salad. There's a lot of flavors going on in each bite. I felt like it was still missing something however. I think shredded mozarella or cheddar cheese would've really pulled all the different flavors together nicely. We had it for lunch and it was very good. I think this would be best as a side dish. Thanks for posting!
This was a very nice lunch on a hot & steamy day. It went together quickly and my 3 yr old grandson even asked for more so you earn bonus points from me. The only thing I would do differently next time would be to reserve a portion of the dressing to stir in right before serving. I served with Recipe #198419 and recipe #306861. Made for the ZWT4.
This chicken pasta salad is light and refreshing. DH and I made it for lunch the other day. We prepared everything as posted, using basil. I agree that this salad seems very versatile and I will try it with the suggested herb substitutions, such as cilantro. This is easy and quick to put together and DH and I thought it would make for a nice side dish to serve or bring to a summer BBQ. Thanks for this keeper. Made for ZWT4.