Chicken or Salmon Foil Packs
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts or 12 ounces salmon
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄8 celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄16 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 potato, 1/4 inch cubed
- 1 cup green beans, cut in half
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees if cooking in an oven.
- For campers, prepare beforehand and pack in ice.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- Tear off 2 sheets of foil measuring 12 x 18 inches each. Place one chicken breast in the center of each sheet of foil wrap. Cut two small slits in each chicken breast.
- Add vegetables. Drizzle the ginger-garlic-soy mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bring up the sides of the foil and turn over the top edge twice. Seal the ends, leaving enough room inside the packets for air to circulate.
- Place on a cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165 degrees.
- OR place on fire coals. Cook for 20 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Enjoyed by all here and that's high praise, believe me! I didn't do it exactly as written, because of time and preference. One packet only had carrots and chicken and the others had green pepper, onions, celery, carrots, and chicken. I made some jasmine rice and served the whole thing with terriyaki sauce for those who wanted it. This will be on the menu often! Thanks!
I have had my share of foil packets over the years but none quite like this. The soy sauce/ginger blend really sets this apart. I used the chicken breast option which required an additional 10 minutes in the oven to be cooked through. Loved the nice combination of vegetables. This was served with a green salad. Made for *Zaar Tag*