Foil Pack Taco Chicken Dinner
This taco chicken dinner is made to taste like the recipe I received in an email from a popular name brand website. A very quick and easy meal for those busy weekends. Also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005, Mexico.
- Ready In:
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, Taco Bell Home Originals
- 2 cups potatoes, thinly sliced peeled
- 1 cup cheese, Shredded Kraft Mexican Style
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, Taco Bell Home Originals Garden
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, Breakstone or Knudsen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix evenly over chicken, set aside. Using four large sheets of aluminum foil; place 1/2 cup of potatoes on center of each sheet. Layer one chicken breast, 1/4 cup of cheese and 2 tablespoons of salsa on each pile of potatoes.
- Bring up sides of foil. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Place each packet, in single layer, on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, no pink juices, and potatoes are fork tender. Remove the packets from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits in each foil packet to release steam before opening. To serve, place one packet on each of 4 plates and top with sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was nice and easy, though I thought it needed something but couldn't put my finger on what. I do think if I make this again I would use thighs not breasts and add the cheese after cooking instead of before. I cut a packet open after cooking and found the chicken to still be a bit pink, so turned off the oven & stuck the pan back in for 10 minutes - the chicken was perfectly done after the additional time. Also, I used jack cheese and homemade Recipe #66591. Thanks for the recipe!Reply
see 15 more