Chicken, Mushrooms and Sugar Snap Peas over Rice
You may substitute 2 4.5 ounce jars of sliced mushrooms for the fresh if desired.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen sugar snap peas
- Cook rice in 1 1/2 cups water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add broth and thyme; heat to boiling.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper; add to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170*), turning once.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add sugar snap peas; cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce is slightly thickened and peas are hot.
- Serve chicken with sauce and vegetables over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION