Chicken in an Apple-Onion Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- Melt butter with oil in pan.
- Salt and pepper chicken and saut in pan until golden brown and 3/4 done.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- Drain most of remaining oil out of frying pan.
- In remaining oil, saut onions and apples until tender and light golden brown.
- Add broth and cook apples and onions until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken.
- Add brandy to sauce and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Return chicken to cream sauce and heat gently 5 minutes.
- Be careful to not boil the cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>