Chicken Fettuccine With Herb Cheese
photo by Mommy Diva
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta, broken in half
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli florets, frozen
- 1 (6 ounce) package spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Rondele)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to boil over high heat; add frozen chicken breasts. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir, cover and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring pasta to a boil. Add frozen vegetables, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return pasta to skillet and place over medium heat. Add cream cheese, salt and reserved cooking water. Toss until cheese has melted. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes to heat through, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, green onions and black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family absolutely loved this! I made as directed (although I used a smidge more broth because the box I have is 32oz) and I boiled 4 boneless breasts in the broth, only using 2 in the final meal. (Planning ahead..LOL). I love the ease in preparation for this meal - so simple everything came together in a snap - and the flavor is THERE! My DH said this is one of his top favs I have made from Zaar now (Your Mexican Lasagna is still his favorite, V!) WIll absolutely make this again! **Made for Beverage Tag March 2008**
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...