Chicken Cutlets Veronique
- Ready In:
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper and pound to even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Peel off paper.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon tarragon, then salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to butter; saute until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken breasts to plates.
- Add shallot and remaining 2 teaspoons tarragon to drippings in skillet.
- Saute over medium-high heat until shallot begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add grapes, wine and cream and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-taught home cook who reads cookbooks like a novel. Then I try out all different nationalities of recipes, especially the more complicated ones...I love a challenge! I entertain often and enjoy cooking for others more than for myself. If my friends and family are happy eating my cooking, then I'm ecstatic!