Chicken and Pasta
Very good pasta dish. I usually serve this with garlic bread.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, fresh and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine, cooked al dente (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Dip chicken in flour,in eggs and then back in flour.
- Saute in oil until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Dice chicken and set aside.
- In a large skillet sautee mushrooms in butter.
- Season with salt,pepper and garlic powder.
- Add diced chicken to the mushrooms.
- Mix in noodles,cream,milk and cheese.
- Serve on a warmed plate and sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
!Delicioso! It was also extremely easy to make. I didn't have any mushrooms and only about 1/2 a cup of parmesan and it still came out really good. I also used mince garlic, instead, of powder. When you set the cooked pasta aside, my suggestion would be to oil it a little so it doesn't get sticky. I definitely recommend this recipe. Everyone is sure to enjoy it.
Mmmm... I doubled the chicken and mushrooms and breaded the chicken after cutting it into bite-sized pieces, which took a little more time (but I think it was worth it). I must've doubled the sauce, too, 'cause there was plenty. Oh, and I added a head of roasted garlic, 'cause it just seemed like a good thing to do. We, too, will be making this again!
We loved this! I knew as soon as I saw the ingredients it would be an instant hit! I did make a few changes... used egg beater in place of the eggs... used just a couple tablespoons of oil to cook the chicken in, only a tablespoon of butter to saute the mushrooms and used Land O Lakes fat free half and half in place of the whipping cream to reduce some of the fat/cholesterol. I probably added a full cup of mushrooms too... just becasue we love them! While its not a dripping in sauce dish, the flavors go together well and every bite was delicious! Will definitely be making this again, thanks Desigirl for posting yet another tasty dish! :)