- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb chicken (my favorites are chicken thighs, drumsticks, breast, skin optional)
- 2 cups soy sauce (I use Aloha)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 -15 garlic cloves, minced (I use a garlic press)
- 6 bay leaves
- In a large pot, combine soy sauce, vinegar, ground pepper, brown sugar, minced garlic and bay leaves.
- If using chicken with skin, place skin side down in pot. Over high heat and uncovered, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, immediately turn down to a simmer and cover with lid.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and turn chicken over. Simmer 20 - 30 minutes more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in gorgeous San Diego, CA by the water. My lifes' work is to live joyfully. My favorite cookbook of the moment is Devin Alexander's The Most Decadent Diet Ever! I am passionate about fun; living life easily and authentically.