Chewy Italian Rolls from KAF
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant yeast
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Cover bowl and let rest at room temperature for 12 to 20 hours, until very bubbly.
- Mis biga with remaining ingredients for 2 to 4 minutes, using an electric mixer set on slow speed.
- Increase mixer speed to medium, and mix for about 4 minutes; the dough will be soft and slightly sticky.
- Add additional water or flour if necessary.
- Let dough rise in greased, covered bowl, for 1 to 2 hours, until very puffy.
- Turn dough out onto well floured surface, and shape it into a 6"x12" square.
- Using a bench knife or pizza wheel, cut out eight 3" square rolls.
- Place rolls, floured side up onto parchment paper.
- Cover rolls and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until puffy.
- Place a baking stone in the top third of oven, and preheat oven to 450.
- Bake the rolls for 13 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"