Chewy, Chunky Blondies
photo by lilsweetie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (or 1 cup store-bought chocolate chips) or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into chips (or 1 cup store-bought chocolate chips)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Center oven rack in middle of oven; preheat to 325°.
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and put it on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in both sugars and beat another 3 minutes, or until well incorporated.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition, then beat in the vanilla.
- Decrease mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing just until they disappear into the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in the chips, nuts, and coconut.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top as best as you can.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- The blondies should pull away from the sides of the pan a little and the top should be a nice homey brown.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool 15 minutes before turning the blondies out onto another rack.
- Invert onto a rack and cool to room temperature right side up.
- Cut into 32 bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!