Cherry Tomato and Onion Saute
- Ready In:
- Halve cherry tomatoes, trim and halve onions (an equal amount of regular onion can be used- it's not as pretty, but it's quicker!).
- In a hot skillet, add a small amount of chicken broth.
- Add onions and saute over medium heat until they begin to soften and start to brown slightly, about 5 minutes (depends on the size of your onions, though!) Add tomatoes, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add more broth if pan looks dry.
- When tomatoes have begun to soften, add spices, stirring to distribute evenly.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG! Christine, this is FANTASTIC!!! I only had 1/2 a pint tomatoes so used an equal amount of onion (I went the 'not so pretty' route, but regular onions worked great.) I admit, I like everything either spicy or very flavorful so I used the full amount of spices called for. I also used 1/2 of a large vegetable bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/4 C water. Somehow the mustard powder and cumin work together! I was a little worried about the spices but I'm so glad I went for it. The combination is different and sooooo delicious! Thanks for a definite "keeper" recipe.