Mushroom, Red Pepper and Onion Saute
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine or 1 1/2 teaspoons sabra wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for another five minutes.
- Add red pepper, and saute for two more minutes.
- Put on low and add lemon juice and wine.
- Add seasonings. It is best served warm.
Join The Conversation
Quick, easy, healthy, tasty and the ingredients are readily available so it's a winner all around. For two people I used four large portabellas, a half a small red onion and everything else as listed. The red wine really compliments the mushrooms and onions so I will use more of both next time. Thanks for posting.