Cherry Cider Jelly
photo by Antifreesz
- Ready In:
7-8 half pint jars
- 4 cups cherry cider, bottled
- 7 cups sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin, 2 3ounce pouches
- Strain cider, a coffee filter and sieve work well.
- In a large pan heat cider till warm using medium heat.
- Add sugar and heat, stir constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up to medium high heat,bring to a full rolling boil, stir constantly.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring back to a full rolling boil,stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly skim off any foam and ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rims and threads with clean damp cloth.
- Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process 1/2 pint jars in water bath for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!