Apple Cider Jelly
It's not too sweet as less sugar is needed. I use the dark cider (or use your homemade cider) for more robust cider taste.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups apple cider
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box sure-jell dry sugar-free pectin
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the sugar and the powdered pectin. Set aside.
- Pour the apple cider into a cooking pot.
- Add the pectin/sugar mixture to juice in the cooking pot; Stir vigorously and well.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining sugar and the cinnamon. Return to full rolling boil and boil for one-minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim off any foam.
- Ladle into sterilized jars to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Seal and process five-minutes in boiling water bath.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Use 5 cups sugar, make sure you don't add sugar until you have a rolling boil, after you add the pectin/sugar mix. Add all 5 cups at once, and stir on and off til another rolling boil. When your mix starts to foam, and boil up the sides of your kettle, slowly turn it down to a simmer, stir and boil another 3-5 minutes. Do the freezer test, and then bottle it...it will set as it cools after the water bath...DEEE-licious!Reply
see 5 more