Cheesy Zucchini Sausage Soup
CHEESY, CREAMY and GOOD!! A hearty soup for a good comfort food meal! Great with cornbread or a salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 2 zucchini, chopped small
- 2 potatoes, small cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan brown sausage and onion. Crumble sausage. Drain and place sausage and onion into a large dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth and zucchini, carrots, potatoes. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to simmer. Simmer slowly for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and cheese. Slowly stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This soup has fantastic flavor and is quite easy to prepare. I used a sage flavored sausage, added some dried red bell pepper flakes for more color and served it with cornbread. An absolutely delightful supper. Our only reservation about this soup is we wish it were just a tad thicker in texture. I may just whisk in some instant potato flakes next time I prepare it to see it that does the "trick" for us.Reply
see 2 more