Cheesy Tuna Macaroni Salad
photo by Dianna L.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3 -4 tablespoons Cheese Whiz (I used the light version)
- salt and pepper
- Cook the macaroni.
- Add the chopped green onion and celery along with the tuna into a bowl. Break up the tuna so it is in small pieces.
- When the macaroni is finished, add it into the bowl.
- While the pasta is still warm, add the cheese whiz and mayonnaise into the bowl and mix well until it is all combined.
- Chill for at least 2 hours but overnight would be best and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in a small town and cooking is a great hobby because I can try it out on my friends. I have two young children, one who is a very picky eater and the other is just starting solid foods and so far hasn't turned his nose up at anything. I try to modify recipes so that they are more healthy, usually this means buying the non fat or low fat version of an ingredient. There's one thing I don't edit out though and that's butter. It's better to use than margarine (even the low fat kind) because in margarine, all you're buying is water and there's really no point to that.</p>