Cheesy Garlic Bread
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Italian bread, loaf
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the bread into slices 1 to 2 inches thick.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly and broil 5 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Check frequently so they do not burn.
- Remove from broiler.
- Top with cheese and return to broiler 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and melted.
- Serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in New Delhi, India. I am a stay-at-home grandmom. I spend a fair amount of time on the net....and while surfing for a recipe ran into this site. After that; this is it....a one-stop station for every kind of recipe. I have no favourite cookbook but love collecting recipes from any source. I play a lot of scrabble (Any potential scrabblers out there?!) and hate cooking in summers. Temperatures run into the 40 degrees cent. range and our kitchens are not airconditioned!! I love travelling and, given a chance, would take a month long luxury cruise which touched exotic ports! Aaaahhh....pure bliss!!!!