- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place 2 T butter in round 2 qt baking dish.
- Cook on high 1 minute until melted.
- Blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook on high 7 to 9 minutes, stirring several times, until mixture thickens slightly.
- All 1&1/2 C cheese and stir until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the same way I make cheese sauce....except I have never added mustard. I was a little hesitant but you gotta give things a go...... right? I am so glad I did, the mustard added a wondrful flavour! A very easy recipe which I used over brocolli.......... and the taste .... was fantastic! I am going to add dry mustard a little more often to my cheese sauce now... Thanks Lavender Lynn for a great variation to my usual sauce!