Cheddar Crumble Apple Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooking apples (Use a cooking apple such as Granny Smith's. Core, peel and thinly)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, Fresh
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, Md, Shredded,1 1/2 C
- 4 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- Make a high rim around the pie crust.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the topping and cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Toss the apples and lemon juice together and add the cheese, flour, and nutmeg, tossing and mixing well.
- Arrange the apples in the crust and sprinkle on the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F. oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a wonderful recipe!! I just baked this pie and had two slices (as did Allan) so half the pie is gone already! I used sharp cheddar (white) and cut it down a little because of that. I also used a light sprinkle of allspice as I didn't have the nutmeg. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe; I'll make another soon to store in the freezer (probably 2 as Thanksgiving is coming, one for me, one for my father's)!