Champagne Jello Shots
photo by frostingnfettuccine
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jello gelatin (any flavor)
- 2 individual packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fruit juice (any flavor) or 1 cup pineapple juice, cold
- 1 2⁄3 cups champagne
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with nonstick foil.
- have ready any shape cookie cutters.
- put flavored jello in a meduim bowl set aside.
- sprinkle unflavored gelatin over fruit juice in a small saucepan
- let stand 1 minute
- stir over low heat 2-3 min till gelatin granules completely dissolve.
- add to flavored jello stir 3 min till dissolved.
- stir in champagne.
- pour into baking pan and refrigerate 3 hours till firm
- lift foil from pan using cookie cutters to cut shapes through gelatin
- stack the different jello flavors in a cup alternating (if you have made two different fllavors of jello, meaning making two separate batches).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm delighted how fizzy and true to the champagne flavor this recipe is! I used Island Pineapple Jell-O and pineapple juice. It turned out great! The mix was a little too bubbly after adding the champagne so I scooped the froth off before pouring in to molds. I think it would have been fine to pour even without de-frothing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I WORK FOR KAISER PERMANENTE HOSPITAL IN THE OB/GYN DEPT. I FEEL LIKE I LIVE MORE THERE THAN I DO AT HOME. I HAD MY SON 7 YEARS AGO SO I WAS A STAY AT HOME MOM FOR A FEW YEARS AND STARTED COOKING MY HEART OUT! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED TO COOK, IT HAS ALWAYS FACINATED ME...MY FATHER ACTUALLY TAUGHT ME AT A YOUNG AGE. MY MOTHER WAS AN R.N. AND WAS ALWAYS AT WORK. AND SHE STILL CAN'T COOK FOR THE LIFE OF HER, BLESS HER HEART SHE EVEN BURNS TOAST!!! SO I WAS DETERMINED AT A YOUNG AGE THAT IF I EVER CHOSE MEDICINE AS A CAREER I WOULD COOK AND BE GOOD AT IT!!! SO HERE I AM, MOST NEW FRIENDS OF MINE DON'T BELIEVE MY COOKING SKILLS WHEN THEY COME OVER FOR DINNER OR ON OCCASION WHEN I BRING A TREAT TO WORK THAT I MADE IT!! THEY THINK IT WAS STORE BOUGHT OR IT'S TAKE OUT, EVEN MY OWN MOTHER! SHE IS ALWAYS DIGGING IN MY TRASH TO FIND TAKE-OUT BOXES ..I ACTUALLY START PUTTING RECIPES IN THE COMPUTER INSTEAD OF ALL OVER MY HOUSE, THERE IS A RECIPE IN EVERY PART OF MY HOUSE AND MY FRIENDS THINK I HAVE A PROBLEM I JUST LIKE IT, IT'S MY HOBBIE SO ENJOY!!!!