Caws Pobi - Welsh Rarebit
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Very simple recipe that I got when I was in Cardiff, Wales recently.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces freshly grated cheese (do not use the bottled grated cheese)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- 1 slice toast
- 2 teaspoons beer (optional)
- Slowly melt the cheese, butter and milk in a sauce pan.
- Add pepper, salt and mustard as desired.
- When piping hot, pour over the toast and brown under the grill.
- You can add a little beer to the mixture as well, it tastes even better. I prefer mine without the mustard and with beer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION