Cauliflower Rice With Roasted Veggies
What I like most of this recipe is the versatility. You can use what ever vegetables you have in the house. I do prefer roasting the veggies first and then adding them to the rice while cooking. Play with this recipe and make it the best for you and your family. Pictures to come.
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cracked fresh pepper
- 2 teaspoons no sodium chicken broth (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles (optional)
- Chop cauliflower small enough to fit in a food processor. (I think it's easier to do in batches) Process until rice consistency. Set aside.
- Chop pepper, onion and celery.
- Heat saute' pan with olive oil over medium heat and add peppers, onions and celery. Sauté until soft.
- Add cauliflower, garlic powder, onion powder and fresh cracked pepper.
- Raise heat and stir. You want the cauliflower to become golden. About 5-7 minutes. For a juicer texture, now add the chicken broth. Not necessary though.
- Add raisins and saute' a few more minutes until cauliflower is golden to your taste.
- Now is the time to add the blue cheese crumbles if desired. Parmesan works great as well.
- Cook a minute while tossing. You are now ready to eat.