Cauliflower and Arugula Salad
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small pieces and blanched
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons good quality red wine vinegar
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, saute the bacon for 5 minutes, stirring often, until brown and crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towel and set aside.
- Remove the excess bacon fat from the pan. Add the blanched cauliflower and butter and cook stirring often, to coat them with the butter for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Add the honey and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let the cauliflower brown, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the arugula, shallots, remaining red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season the salad with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- When ready to serve, mix the arugula salad with the cauliflower and garnish with pine nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.