Cathy's Pork Adobo
photo by cali_love
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Put pork, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper, water, and bay leaf in a pan.
- Boil in medium heat until half the water has evaporated or until meat is tender (You can add more water if longer boiling time is required).
- Take out the pork from the sauce.
- Sprinkle sugar over pork then fry until brown in hot oil.
- Put back in the sauce then simmer for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I skipped Step 4 because my mom never did it that way, otherwise the rest of the ingredients are very close to what I use. I don't understand how some recipes omit water; I think it would turn out way too salty w/out water. Anyway, I added cubed one russet potato to my adobo during the last 25 minutes of simmering. Thanks for posting.