- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 6 thin pretzel twists, loops broken off (loops will resemble candy canes)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate sprinkles (sprinkles)
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- green food coloring paste (icing)
- 12 unfrosted cupcakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned milk chocolate frosting
- 12 chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1 package yellow decorating frosting
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in microwave as bag directs.
- For cat's tails, dip pretzel loops in chocolate, remove excess, place on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Jimmies.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp vanilla frosting into a small ziptop bag; set aside.
- Tint rest grass-green with the food color.
- Frost top of cupcakes with green frosting.
- For each cupcake: Insert a tail into frosting at top right, letting part of tail extend over the side.
- Reserve 1 tsp chocolate frosting.
- Spoon rest into a small ziptop bag.
- Snip 1/4inch off corner and pipe cat's body (like a large"C") and legs.
- Press point of chocolate Kiss into frosting for head.
- Snip tiny tip off corner of bag with vanilla frosting- pipe whiskers.
- Pipe eyes with yellow icing Dip a toothpick into reserved chocolate frosting; use to make cat's ears.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!