Carrot Fruit Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 39mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit (chopped)
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots (finely shredded)
- confectioners' sugar icing (optional)
- Combine nuts, fruit, dates and raisins with 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and remaining flour, gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until smooth batter will be stiff.
- Fold in carrots and fruit mixture and spoon into a greased and floured 10' tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Note: if you want to ice this cake there are many great icings or just drizzle recipes on this web site.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br />recipe#129579 by txzuckerbaeckerin started it all! I was so touched by the responses to my inquiries on Recipezaar. If it wasn't for the fact I lost my favourite cheesecake recipe and was determined to find one similar or the same I would not have found Reipezaar so I just have to tell my story. I had lost this recipe in moving and I bought several baking books and searched the web for months in my desperate search. Extremely late one night I found Recipezaar and posted my lost recipe as best as I could remember. The next day in the forum there it was posted the one and only lost cheesecake recipe. I knew it was the one from some of the ingredients. Several chefs gave me other recipes including New York Cheesecake by Tyler Florence which is wonderful as well which includes the Cherry Confit topping in the recipe which we adore. On September 19, 2006 this story had a happy ending with me finding my old cheesecake recipe. I thought I will never lose it again by posting it on Recipezaar.recipe #186938.That is why I'm hooked on this wonderful web site called Food! </p>