Simply Delicious Carrot Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour your baking pan (you can use a 13 x 9, a bundt pan or two 9" round pans).
- combine eggs and sugar; beat well.
- in another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and carrot.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture in low speed, then add the vanilla and oil.
- Bake for 60 minutes OR until your cake tests done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
VERY good carrot cake recipe, even though the two 9-inch layers did not rise much for me (you did not say anything in your recipe about the pan size, so I had to guess). I frosted the cake with a wonderful cream cheese frosting which consisted of one 8-oz cream cheese, 1/4 lb. of butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, and one pound of confectioner's sugar. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
I just hate it when someone rates a recipe that they've changed, sometimes EXTENSIVELY, so when I am weighing whether I want to make something, I can't decide if I like the recipe or not from the review. That said (!), I made muffins with this recipe, and, after reading up on other carrot cake recipes before deciding on this one, added a little nutmeg with the cinnamon. Mmmmmmmmm. Good. I've never made carrot cake or muffins before, and these were a HIT. I brought them with my kids to a friends, and all kids gobbled these up as well as the adults. Without any icing -- just accompanied by milk. This is a definite "make again" recipe. Easy and delish. Thanks for posting.
I used this recipe to make carrot cake muffins which we really enjoyed. Did frost them but hubby said he thought they would be good without. I added pecans in and replaced over half the oil with apple sauce - also added nutmeg as reviews suggested.<br/>Asked to repeat them - soon! Thanks for posting.