- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil in bowl.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2" balls.
- Pour olive oil on a 2" x 13" x 9" baking pan and place meatballs on top; swirl pan around to coat meatballs in oil.
- Bake meatballs in 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown, but not cooked completely through.
- Remove meatballs from oil, drain on paper towels, and stir into your favorite pasta sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent meatballs and very easy to make. Like one of the other reviewers, I didn't use the olive oil - just baked the meatballs on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. I got about 40 meatballs - would definitely double this recipe and make extras to put in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Good meatballs! Based on what I had, I left out the green onion, used all parmesan (6 T), and subbed dry for fresh herbs. I wasn't really sure what rolling them in oil would do besides add calories (help them brown/look nice?), so I skipped that step. They were still delicious, even with some slightly freezer burned pork! I got about 25 meatballs from a full recipe. Never been to Carrabba's, but this recipe is good!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently live in Stuart, Florida which is a great place to live. I moved here from Orlando many years ago to live the life of a beach bum and have gotten quite good at it. I am actually a Yankee, but becoming more Southern by the day. During the past several years I found an absolute love for cooking. The man in my life loves to eat so we make a good match. I absolutely love Recipezaar and can no longer live without it. I think it is great that I can see what other people think of the recipes before I try them. I have some favorite chefs and reviewers on this site and I know when I try their recipes I can never lose ! My passions are my family, my fiance', my cat (Tasha), the beach, and now cooking. My pet peeve is anyone that abuses animals. AND THIS IS A BIG PET PEEVE ! I am currently a Paralegal but can't see myself doing this forever. If I did not work, I would probably spend my time cooking and taking care of the 50-animals that I would most likely adopt.