Cardamom Prune Cake
photo by robd16
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces ready to eat pitted prunes, chopped very finely
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces sugar
- 6 ounces flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350°F.
- Grease and line a 10inch square dish with greaseproof paper and butter.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the prunes then take off the heat.
- In a blender, put the eggs, sugar, vanilla and cardamom (seeds only) and blend until the cardamom seeds are combined and add to the prune mixture.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly without over working the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes, then cover with foil, lower the heat to 160C/325F and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Allow to cool in the dish for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a family of food loves, in fact its the subject we talk about most! I've been trying to write a cookbook for years but always hit stumbling blocks or wanted to go in another direction. Its not as easy as it looks! I've decided to upload my all time favorite recipes onto this website. Trust me when I say that good recipes don't make it onto my page, only the truly great and AMAZINGLY TASTY or ingenious and unusual ones do. Most are tried and tested but some I just give the general idea for. You get the gist! I really appriciate your reviews and comments so If you've made or tasted one of my recipes then please leave me some feedback!